Philip is a Senior Associate Attorney at LeavenLaw and is dedicated to serving accident victims, consumer and insureds throughout the state of Florida.
Philip is a native Floridian, born and raised in Tampa Bay, where he graduated from Tampa Jesuit High School in 2003. After receiving his Bachelor of Science in Business and Master’s in International Business from the University of Florida, Philip returned to Tampa Bay where he attended Stetson University College of Law. While attending Stetson University College of Law, Philip worked as the teaching and research assistant for the Professors of Contracts, Commercial Transactions, Leases & Licenses, Torts, and Law Practice Management. Additionally, Philip served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Daniel J. Perry of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit of the State of Florida. Philip worked as a Certified Legal Intern during his final semester, where he represented the people of the state of Florida in prosecuting criminal cases at the Pinellas County State Attorney’s Office in the Sixth Judicial Circuit.
Philip continued representing the people of the state of Florida as an Assistant State Attorney at the Pinellas County State Attorney’s Office after receiving his Juris Doctor in the spring of 2011 where he prosecuted thousands of misdemeanor and felony criminal cases ranging from traffic tickets to first degree murder. Philip also served as Lead Trial Attorney of a county court division, fought for domestic violence victims as the domestic violence attorney of a circuit court division, and served as a member of the Traffic Homicide Prosecution Unit, all allowing Philip to sharpen his trial skills, advocating for victims in over 50 jury trials.
After his tenure as a prosecutor, Philip practiced as a staff counsel attorney representing two of America’s largest insurance companies, their subsidiaries, and their insureds in all aspects of litigation relating to automobile accidents, homeowners’ claims, construction defects, subrogation rights, and windshield “glass” claims. Philip gained valuable civil litigation and trial experience while gaining insight into the inner workings of large insurance companies.
These experiences helped form the basis for Philip’s expertise and ability to effectively litigate a wide variety of cases through trial. Along with every member of the LeavenLaw family, Philip devotes his sole attention towards helping people in their time of need. Philip provides LeavenLaw’s clients personalized counsel regarding Consumer Law, Personal Injury & Accidents, Wrongful Death, Family Law, Criminal Defense, and Insurance Claims and Disputes. In his free time, Philip enjoys spending time with his son and family, traveling, relaxing on the beach, and staying active in the beautiful Florida weather.
- Personal Injury & Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Consumer Law
- Insurance Disputes
- Class Action
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- University of Florida, B.S. (Business Administration Marketing, 2006)
- University of Florida, Masters (International Business, 2008)
International Business Society, Treasurer
- University of Florida, Graduate Certificate (Entrepreneurship, 2008)
- Stetson University, J.D. (Law, 2011)
- Florida Bar, Attorney, 2011
- Clearwater Bar Association, Member
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- Tampa Jesuit Alumni Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Consumer Advocates, Member
- Federalist Society Tampa Bay Chapter, Member
- Tampa Bay Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- National Italian American Bar Association, Member
- Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Post 9/11 Veterans Nonprofit Community Organization, Member/Volunteer
- Immune Deficiency Foundation, Member/Volunteer
- Pinellas County Young Republicans, Member
- Tampa Italian Club, Member
- Tampa Gator Club, Member
- St. Paul’s Catholic Church, Parishioner
- Street Law, Inc.; Former Coordinator for Allstate’s Tampa Staff Counsel Office
- Florida Prosecuting Attorneys Association, Former Member