Motorcycle accidents can be devastating. Obviously, when a motorcyclist is in an accident, they do not have the advantage of being surrounded and protected by a steel cage or airbags. As a result, injuries in motorcycle accidents can be much worse that auto accidents. Making matters worse, motorcyclists are unfairly stereotyped as being “dangerous” or “risk takers” and the cause of the accident. Right or wrong, that is a challenge you or your loved one will face if they have been injured by the fault of another in a motorcycle accident in Florida. Therefore, it is important that you have experienced motorcycle accident attorneys helping you.
LeavenLaw’s civil trial attorneys represent motorcycle accident victims throughout the state of Florida. If you or a family member or friend have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, call the injury attorneys at LeavenLaw to schedule a free consultation today.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accident in Florida
Many factors contribute to motorcycle accidents in Florida. Common causes of motorcycle accidents in Florida include:
- Distracted driving: texting or failure to see blind spots is a leading cause of motorcycle accidents
- Bad driving conditions: poor weather, road conditions and debris are leading causes of motorcycle accidents
- Failure to Abide to Lanes: driving between lanes can be extremely dangerous
These are but a few of the common causes of motorcycle accidents. If you or a loved one have been in a motorcycle accident in Florida, call the civil trial attorneys at LeavenLaw for a free personal injury case evaluation. (727) 327-3328.
Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating, causing you and your family life-changing damage. If you or a loved one are injured in a motorcycle accident, the types of damages that you can pursue compensation for are:
- Chronic Pain
- Continued, long-term suffering
- Hospital and doctor bills
- Medications and medical supplies
- Lost wages
- Loss of future income earning potential
- Property damage
- Mental Damage
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
- Other foreseeable damages linked to the accident
- Wrongful death
Typical Motorcycle Collision Injuries
If you or a loved one are involved in a motorcycle accident, typically the injured party will suffer from more than one type of injury. Additionally, the severity of your injuries is likely more and in some cases may result in death. The most common injuries resulting from a motorcycle accident are:
- Road Rash: sliding across the ground after being in a motorcycle accident will frequently lead to serious skin abrasions more commonly know as “road rash.”
- Fractured or Broken Bones: given the speed and likelihood of collision with many hard objects, broken bones are common in motorcycle accidents.
- Loss of Limb: serious motorcycle accidents can result in the need to remove an arm or leg.
- Back injury: it is common knowledge that motorcycle accidents can result in serious back or spinal cord injury, if not ultimately to the motorcycle rider’s death
- Head or brain injury: despite wearing a helmet, motorcycle accidents will frequently result in blunt force trauma to the head permanently affecting your or a loved one’s quality of life.
- Death: Motorcycle accidents are unfortunately many times fatal.
As you can see from the list above, the effects of the motorcycle accident can be long term and life altering. Therefore it is imperative that you contact a civil trial lawyer with the experience, knowledge and resources to fight the insurance companies to maximize your recovery. LeavenLaw’s motorcycle accident attorneys stand ready to help you.
Contact a St. Petersburg Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
LeavenLaw’s motorcycle accident attorneys offer you a free consultation to discuss the details of your potential case. After your initial consultation, if LeavenLaw decides to take your case (and you feel comfortable with LeavenLaw as your motorcycle accident attorney) you will not have to pay any up-front attorney fees or costs. LeavenLaw handles motorcycle accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning we will deduct our attorneys’ fees and costs from any eventual settlement or judgment we obtain on your behalf against the parties that caused you harm. If we do not prevail, you owe us nothing.
Motorcycle accidents typically cause serious injuries and unfortunately can be life-altering in the types and amounts of damages that they can cause. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact the AV-rated personal injury attorneys at LeavenLaw (in St. Petersburg) at (727) 327-3328 or (statewide) 1-855-LeavenLaw (532-8365). Alternatively, you can always submit an inquiry online to schedule a free consultation to discuss your motorcycle accident case. If needed, one of LeavenLaw’s motorcycle accident attorneys can come to you to discuss your injury case. We will look forward to talking to you soon.
St. Petersburg Motorcycle Accident Office
3900 First Street North, #100
St. Petersburg, FL 33703
Contact us at (727) 327-3328 to discuss your motorcycle accident case today! Or email us through our online contact form!